Google
 

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just Rambling 11/15/08

I just sent out three packages this morning, one with hair pretties, a bag of yo-yos to the lady who makes awesome afghans out of them and some slippers and loomed hats that are on their way to Pine Ridge. I sent out my Granny's Daughters earlier this week.
.
Doing all those small projects has really helped. I don't know if it really got easier or I just got used to it! My "purse project" right now is 7" wool squares for the joiners in the All_Crafts_4_Charity group. They are joining them together for blankets for Pine Ridge Reservation right now. The need for Pine Ridge is tremendous. They have already experienced a major blizzard this year and many were trapped with no heat and little food.
.
I'm getting a good response for my Kosovo project already. I'm hoping to have more information Monday for you all. I want to thank those who have already volunteered to help and hope more of you will be able to.
.
I received a hundred dollar check from the advertising on my blogs. Now to decide what to do with it. I promised that all money earned from the advertising here would go to the charity projects. I have been using a little bit of it for postage and will probably use more to send the hats and scarves to Kosovo. I really don't need fabric or yarn, my craft room is overflowing as it is.
.
I'm going to have the grandbabies later on today (OK they're 11 and 8 and I have to stop calling them babies) so I'm going to take a short nap before they get here. I'm putting them to work, they just don't know it yet.

No comments: