Google
 

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Shawls from Granny's Daughters







I've shown you the Granny's Daughters, also called Saltines, I've made. So with Lynn's permission I'd like to show you the beautiful shawls she makes from them. Aren't these gorgeous?? Lynn and I both belong to the Crafting 4 A Cause Yahoo Group and these awesome shawls are sent to the different charities the group supports. To see more you can visit Lynn's album.
.
I love making the Granny's Daughters, which are just the first two rows of the traditional Granny square. They go so quickly and I can use the yarn balls that are too small for anything else. I just sent Lynn a bagful and already have another bagful to send. Most of these were from the contest I had last weekend. I had a lot of fun with that and will be doing something like it again soon.

3 comments:

Ghost said...

I love these and so much work.

Scarlet said...

What beautiful shawls. And I agree with Ghost, so much work. They came out beautiful though. Whom ever receives these will wear them with a huge smile on their faces. Well done.

*hugs*

Yarnjeannie said...

These are very pretty shawls! Nice work!