Google
 

Friday, April 16, 2010

Local Needs, Would You Like to Help??

I made the rounds today and although I didn't get to see everyone on my list I did have several requests, I have two women working with me but we are only three so if you can help I'd appreciate it, here's what we are making and collecting:

Local Hospice: I was told the ladies love the crocheted lap robes and blankets so 6" and 12" squares or the completed items would be great! Also light weight summer chemo caps.

Local Nursing Home: They are overstocked with laprobes and blankets but could really use wheelchair and walker bags. Also activity aprons for their dementia patients. These are aprons that have various "activities" such as buttons, zippers, velcro tabs, laces  etc. for the patient to fiddle with. Use different textures and your imagination to make these as varied as possible. They also said they can use anything handmade that can be sold in their "Country Store", all proceeds go back into the activities fund for the patients.

Project Linus: 6" and 12" squares in pastels and brights. One of the ladies who works with me is a novice crafter but she can whip stitch squares together.

I still have several places to check with so I'm probably going to be adding to this list. If you can help please email me at debsstuff55 (at) yahoo (dot) com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sent you an e mail, I'll keep crocheting until I hear from you. Alma

Anonymous said...

I'm back. May I post a little some thing about your needs on my blog?
Alma

Doris Sturm said...

I'm already overcommitted, but I can probably make a few light weight chemo caps - they don't take too long to crochet. I'll send you an e-mail so you can give me the details, i.e. due dates and where to send them to.

Thanks,
Doris :-)

HilsGal said...

I am also way overcommitted but if you want 6" squares, I can make those inbetween all my other things. I'll send you an e-mail.

Anonymous said...

I mailed a package to you last night. The postage I picked said it would take five days to get to you, hope it gets there sooner. Check out this Blog, if you don't already know about it: http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/

Bunny said...

I have 2 wheelchair totes that just need buttons put on. I will finish them up when we get back from vacation on Saturday and send them off. I got the pattern from http://www.kaleidesigns.com/crochet/patterns/archive/cadd001.html so I hope they will be ok.